Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Last Nine Months. . .

May 2007 - Obviously we got married on the 25th, so the entire month of May consisted of moving back to Indiana, finalizing wedding details, and lots of celebrations.

June 2007 - Left on the 8th for our honeymoon in Aruba. We were fortunate to spend our time at a great resort provided by Brent's dad and step-mom. Weather was great. We were across the street from the beach so we spent a lot of time soaking up the sun and protecting ourselves from the harsh trade winds that slammed us daily with buckets of sand. :) Our favorite adventure was an afternoon of snorkeling. We saw so many colorful fish, especially the large blue fish that swarmed around me ready to attack. Scared me to death, fortunately they were harmless. :)

July 2007 - I found a job with a dentist in Nappanee which is about 40 minutes from our house. Thankfully the drive isn't terrible because I really love the dentist and my co-workers. Brent continued working at Albertsons' Sport Shop and spent his summer dreaming of fall and the hunting to come.

August 2007 - Brent's sister, Acacia, and I made our annual trek down to Missouri for the Washington Towne & Country Fair. While there we spent a lot of time with Ruthie and even went on a float trip. A couple weeks later I headed back to St. Louis for Tony's graduation and to help them all pack up for their big move to Florida.

Sept 2007 - I was fortunate to tag along with my friend Sara (my friend from high school), to visit our friend Meagan in Portland. I really enjoyed my time there, getting to see family and friends that I hadn't seen for a few years. I especially liked being able to share my love for Oregon with Sara who had never been there before.

October 2007 - OCTOBER 1ST - THE DAY FINALLY ARRIVED . . . OPENING DAY OF BOW SEASON!! Brent pretty much spent every spare minute in the woods. He even let me tag along a few times - this was my first year to go hunting with my bow. We had fun getting to spend time together anxiously awaiting the big one! October also brought about a fun trip - finally getting to visit Kaiya in Florida. It has been a lot harder for me to be so far away my sisters and Kaiya than I thought it would be. I didn't realize how nice it was living so close and being able to spend the weekends with them. My mom and I spent five days enjoying the warm weather and our time with everyone. We saw the shuttle take off from Cape Canaveral as we drove to Cocoa Beach, we also enjoyed an afternoon at Downtown Disney, and getting Kaiya excited about Cinderella.

November 2007 - Hunting still continues on the weekends and evenings after work. Brent also got a new job working for a heating and cooling company with one of his friends. I spent a lot of time hanging out with dad while mom was in Florida helping Rachel for three weeks. We had Thanksgiving with friends of the family and made sure to arrange a conference call with mom and Kaiya during the Thanksgiving meal.

December 2007 - I was very anxious for the Christmas Season to arrive. Brent and I had fun decorating our house for our first holiday together. December consisted of several Christmas parties and get-togethers with friends. Brent and I spent our usual Christmas Eve with his dad and their family. Christmas day was dull and boring because mom left us again - for her time with baby Kaleb and to help Rachel. We spent our day at home watching "A Christmas Story", Brent's favorite movie. Ruthie came home for a visit a few days after Christmas and it was nice to see her again.

January 2008 - Happy New Year! We rang it in with friends, playing games, and watching the snow blow in. We had our first big snowfall of the year. Hunting season ended with Brent having killed several dows and an older buck. We still didn't get the big one, however I suppose it was still considered a success. Now we're just dreaming of next year! :)

February 2008 - My birthday month! Another year older . . . they just aren't as fun as they used to be. I guess that's reality of being an adult. :(

I don't have the internet at my house anymore, but I will try to post pictures sometime in the future.

4 comments:

ASHENFELTERS said...

Hello there!Fun catching up on what you and Breant have been doing.See you!

ASHENFELTERS said...

BRENT!:)I cannot type!(just ask Rachel!)

Hyser Family said...

I have been waiting to see something other than Chrissy's Bachelorette Party on your blog. :) Hooray!

Graham'z Crackers said...

Rebekkah, I was thrilled to see the notes on your lives! You sound very busy, and I can't even imagine you out with your very own bow looking to "catch a big one!" You must post a picture of you and Brent in matching camo!!! Thanks so much for doing an update - it's so nice to get caught up! Take care - and would love to hear more from you!!!