Monday, January 15, 2007

ICE, ICE BABY!!

Well, thankfully I survived the crazy ice storm we got this past weekend. On Friday I prepared myself by making a trip to Wal-Mart (with everyone else in Rolla) to stock up for the BIG STORM!! They were calling for a lot of ice, which could possibly mean power outages. I bought a book, a puzzle, snack foods, and bottled water. I also rented 5 DVD's (in case the power didn't go out) and checked 3 books out from the library. After all that I hurried home to buckle down for the storm. I spent my entire weekend watching movies, reading 2 books and completing this puzzle:

I actually finished this 1,000 piece puzzle in one day...which is probably not something I should admit because I'm sure it makes me sound like a pathetic geek! :) But oh well, I suppose sometimes I am. My power went out Friday night, came back on Saturday around 11:00a.m. and then went out again Saturday night, but came back on around 4:00a.m. on Sunday. I am hoping that this will be the end of the power outages, but there is a whole lot of ice on the branches and power lines so if we get any sort of wind tonight I would imagine the power may go out again. While I was at work today I took these pictures of all the ice. It was quite a sight for me to see - I don't think I've ever seen that much ice on tree branches before. I'm truly surprised there haven't been more power outages.










1 comment:

Graham'z Crackers said...

It's beautiful to see all the ice, isn't it? But, it is so cold that I can hardly stand it when it gets like that - which here in Oregon isn't often. However, I think we had the ice storm a few days before you did - but your's was worse for some reason! The puzzle is cool - can't believe you did it in one day!!!